Luxemburg City Climate & Temperature
- Luxemburg City, Luxembourg is at 49°37'N, 6°13'E, 376 m (1234 ft). See map.
- Luxemburg City has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Luxemburg City is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 8.5 degrees Celsius (47.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17 °C (30.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 3.3°C (37.9°F) on average falling to -1.8°C (28.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 12.3°C (54.1°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.7°C (38.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 21°C (69.7°F) and average low temperatures are 11.3°C (52.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.6°C (54.7°F) during the day and lows of 5.4°C (41.7°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 875.6 mm (34.5 inches) which is equivalent to 875.6 Litres/m² (21.48 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1487 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Luxemburg City you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Le Bons Bay, Eastwood, New Zealand.
Luxemburg City Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Luxemburg City Climate Graph in Metric Units
Luxemburg City Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Luxemburg City, Luxembourg Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Essen, Germany - 205.9 kms (127.9 miles) NNE
- Cologne, Germany - 159.3 kms (99 miles) NNE
- Frankfurt Am Main, Germany - 183 kms (113.7 miles) ENE
- Geisenheim, Germany - 131.3 kms (81.6 miles) ENE
- Trier-Petrisberg, Germany - 35.1 kms (21.8 miles) ENE
- Karlsruhe, Germany - 172.5 kms (107.2 miles) ESE
- Stuttgart, Germany - 235.4 kms (146.3 miles) ESE
- Nancy, France - 103.3 kms (64.2 miles) S
- Strasbourg, France - 157.2 kms (97.7 miles) SE
- Strasbourg, France - 157.6 kms (97.9 miles) SE
- Basel, Switzerland - 250.8 kms (155.9 miles) SSE